- The World Heads-Up Poker Championship (WHUPC) tournament consists of seven rounds of heads up, single elimination match play.
- The WHUPC is limited to 128 entries.
- No player will be allowed to transfer to another player his or her seat, by any means.
- Entry to the WHUPC is on a first-come, first-served basis. An entry is considered valid only upon receipt by the host casino of payment in full of the buy-in and entry fee, an official Registration Form, and a signed media waiver.
- The buy-in for the WHUPC is £2,000 plus £200. All deposits, buy-ins and entry fees are nonrefundable.
- Should a fully registered player for any reason exit the tournament at any time prior to the start of or during the tournament, that player shall be considered eliminated from the tournament and the vacated seat may not be filled by any other player. No refund of any tournament buy-in or entry fee will be allowed.
- Should the WHUPC not be filled by the time of the draw "Bye" players will be inserted in to the draw under the rules of schedule B.
- Players may enter the WHUPC after the draw has taken place only if there are "Bye's" available. Players will be allocated "Bye" seats on a random basis.
- As soon as the first match of Round 1 has started there can be no more entries.
- All players must be available to begin their matches at the appointed times and in some cases as tables become available. Should one player be present and one absent for their scheduled match, the following rules shall apply. During the first 15 minutes the dealer will begin blinding off the absent player's chips at the rate of one hand every 3 minutes. After 15 minutes, the dealer will blind off the absent player's chips at the rate of one hand every 90 seconds. The loss of all chips means loss of the match.
- During the televised/webcast matches, no player can have any electronic equipment (with the exception of a wrist watch) on or about their person whilst playing. This includes, but is not limited to, personal head sets, personal computers, and mobile phones.
- Each match will continue until a winner is found.
- Blinds will increase as per the schedule D.
- There will be a 5 minute break after every hour of play. After 4 hours play, there will be a 15 minute break. Breaks at other times must be approved by a tournament official.
- No unauthorized personnel may have access to the studio areas. This includes the broadcast truck. Any violations by a player will result in immediate ejection from the tournament.
- Should a question of procedure arise, the decision of the tournament organisers will be final and binding.
- Players agree to participate in their match at any table designated by the tournament organisers, including the television/webcast table. Refusal to participate in a match at the designated table will be treated as a forfeit.
In the event that fewer than 128 players enter the WHUPC "Bye's" will be allocated as follows:
- Starting with Bracket 1, one of the positions will be randomly selected to be the "Bye".
The next position will be randomly selected from Bracket 2, followed by Bracket 3 and finally Bracket 4.
- It will not be allowed for two "Bye's" to be drawn against each other in the same bracket. Should this occur, the position will be replaced in to the draw and another position selected.
Players are permitted to wear sponsors logos.
During play on the main televised table players may wear logos as follows:
Player sponsorship must be declared at the start of the tournament. Any player seeking sponsorship once the event has started can only do so with the approval of the tournament organisers.
A player whose entry is being paid by the tournament organisers agrees to wear the logo of the current Title Sponsor and no other logo.
All sponsors logos must be approved by the tournament organisers.
Players start each match with 20,000
Level 1. 100 - 200, 30 mins
Level 2. 150 - 300, 30 mins
Level 3. 200 - 400, 30 mins
Level 4. 300 - 600, 30 mins
Level 5. 400 - 800, 30 mins
Level 6. 500 - 1000, 30 mins
Blinds freeze at level 6